ATTENTION: Under no circumstances will walk-ins for online examination be allowed. All online exams must be scheduled in advance. You must be pre-approved to take an exam before scheduling on online exam.
Welcome to Online Testing!
Colorado Water Professionals now have the opportunity to take Certification Exams online. The Operator Certification Program Office (OCPO) had created an online testing facility within the office space. There are 8 computers available and exams will be offered on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday for most of the year.
Operators wishing to take advantage of this method should note these steps:
- You must apply to take an exam in the traditional way by going to OCPOweb, secure an application form, complete and submit it by mail or fax.
NOTE: Deadline dates to apply for All Certification exams are March 1, July 1, and November 1.
Once you have been approved for an Online exam you have two weeks from the date of the original approval letter to schedule your exam. After the two week window, enrollment is opened to all approved applicants. Upon being approved to take an exam in a designated location, you are eligible to take an online exam. After the two week window enrollment is on a first come bases.
- Then, use this web site to get to the Enrollment Process that follows this document.
- You must enroll at least two weeks prior to the date you want to take the online exam. For example, if you wish to test on July 26, you must enroll by July 12..
- There is a $35.00 fee to take an online exam. You will receive a notice by email when your enrollment for space is accepted. The email will come from: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Should you not received your confirmation within 10 days of enrollment it is your responsibility to contact our office. (Please check your Junk/Spam email if it’s not in your in box.)
- If you do not take the online exam for which you are scheduled and wish to apply for a different date, you will have to pay an additional $35.00 fee.
- Applicants approved for an Online exam and don't enroll in a timely manner and find the schedule full are not eligible for a refund, and can not change to a traditional paper-and-pencil exam.
- The traditional paper-and-pencil exams are still being given in various locations and on various dates throughout each cycle.
- The primary online exam location is: OCPO, 2170 S. Parker Road, Suite 290, Denver Colorado 80231. Additional locations will be added as they become available, dates and seating will be limited at these locations.
The advantages to taking an online exam at the OCPO office are: You instantly know your score. When you pass, you may complete your Affidavit of Legal Presence and purchase your certificate at the same time. So, it's one-stop shopping. When taking your online exam at an alternate location you will still instantly know your score. However you will have to wait to receive your pass letter in the mail before you can complete the certification process.
But one of the greatest advantages is you will have some flexibility in arranging to test at a time that better suits you and your employer.
Check-in for a morning or full day exam begins at 8:30 am. The instruction period is from 8:30 am to 8:45 am. The exam will begin PROMPTLY at 8:45 am
Check-in for afternoon exams begins at 12:30 pm. The instruction period is from 12:30 pm to 12:45 pm. The exam will begin PROMPTLY at 12:45 pm.
Tardiness for an exam can result in forfeiture of exam fees and you will have to reschedule.
Select a location below to schedule your exam.
Schedule Your Exam in Denver
Schedule Your Exam in Grand Junction, Grand Junction City Hall, 250 N 5th St, Grand Junction CO 81501
Schedule Your Exam in Pueblo